CPP Wind Engineering is an internationally recognized company comprised of leading Wind Engineers. Our customers include many of the world’s top architects and engineers. In addition to our locations in Colorado and Sydney, Australia, we have recently established an office in the Greater Toronto Area and incorporated at Cermak Peterka Petersen Wind Engineering Consultants, Ltd.
We are currently searching for a Project Engineer/Consultant for our Toronto location. The successful candidate will have experience in project leadership in either a technical or project management role, demonstrate excellent communication skills and be a good team player. Experience in outdoor wind comfort or thermal comfort studies is of particular interest though applicants with experience in wind and snow loading and air quality will also be considered.
- Assembles project information and initial project planning
- Oversees and carries out daily details of assigned project(s)
- Coordinates with drafting/design group, model shop and wind tunnel personnel to ensure accuracy of drawings, buildings and data
- Develops test plans, analyzes data, and prepares reports
- Interacts with clients on a regular basis
- Contributes to continual process development of systems and techniques
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Applied Science
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience in field of Wind Engineering or related field
- Strong English-language communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in programming in a number of environments (e.g. Matlab, LabVIEW, Fortran, etc.)
- Must be able to work both independently as well as part of a team
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.