Cermak Peterka Petersen’s staff is comprised of leading Wind Engineering Consultants and our customers include many of the world’s top architects and engineers. We operate two boundary-layer wind tunnels in our laboratory in Windsor, Colorado, located along the front range of the Rocky Mountains. We also operate a boundary-layer wind tunnel in Sydney, Australia, one in Kuala Lumpur, along with an engineering office in Toronto, Canada area.
We are currently searching for a Wind Engineer to work in our solar business segment, where we primarily examine wind loads on ground and roof-mounted solar arrays. This may include aeroelastic testing of instability on solar trackers. This position is located in our Mississauga, Ontario office.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work with our world-leading specialists and top engineers and developers in the US and across the globe. Your role will be to solve the problem of what wind will do to our client’s unique structures, develop relationships within the industry, and act as a consultant for our clients for future projects. You will have the opportunity to design wind tunnel experiments, analyze the data from the tunnel, and communicate the results and implications to our clients. As the role develops, you will have the opportunity to travel domestically and internationally.
- Interacts with clients to assemble project information and performs initial project planning
- Coordinates with project management, model design, wind tunnel model shop, and technicians to ensure accuracy of project drawings, building models, and data collection
- Develops test plans, analyzes data, and compiles report deliverables
- Presents results and recommendations to the client and consults with the customer to determine suitable design solutions
- Contributes to continual process development of systems and techniques
- Masters, PhD, or 1-3 years of engineering experience in Wind Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field is preferred but not required
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Good time management and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work both independently as well as part of a team (up to 40% of work-from-home time anticipated)
- Experience in programming in current software development environments (e.g. Python, Matlab, LabVIEW, etc.)
Pay Range: $78,000 to $102,000 (CAD) per year
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time