CPP’s staff is comprised of leading Wind Engineering Consultants, and our clients include many of the world’s top architects and engineers. We operate two boundary-layer wind tunnels in our laboratory in Windsor, Colorado, located along the front range of the Rocky Mountains, and one boundary-layer wind tunnel in Sydney, Australia, and operate an engineering office in Mississauga, Canada.
We are currently searching for a Wind Engineer to work primarily in our structural/solar business segment, where we examine wind loads on structures ranging from buildings to solar arrays. This will include aeroelastic testing of instability on large solar trackers. This position is located in our Windsor, CO office.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work with our world-leading specialists and top architects, engineers, and developers in the US and across the globe. The job provides insights into, and involvement with, many fascinating buildings and structures including the world’s tallest skyscrapers, large stadiums and arenas, massive solar arrays, and much, much more. Your role will be to solve the problem of what wind will do to our clients’ unique structures, develop relationships within the industry and become the go-to person for our clients when they have future projects where they may need CPP’s consultancy and testing services. You will have the opportunity to design wind tunnel experiments, analyze the data from the tunnel, and communicate the results and implications to our clients. As the role develops you will have the opportunity for travel and career development.
- Assembles project information and initial project planning
- Coordinates with drafting/design group, model shop, and wind tunnel personnel to ensure accuracy of drawings, models, and data
- Develops test plans, analyzes data, and prepares reports
- Interacts with clients on a regular basis
- Contributes to continual process development of systems and techniques
- Masters or PhD is preferred, or 1-3 years engineering experience in related field or equivalent
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Good time management and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work both independently as well as part of a team (up to 40% of work-from-home time anticipated)
- Experience in programming in current software development environments (e.g. Python, VBA, Matlab, LabVIEW, etc.)
- Experience working with BIM (e.g. Revit) and architectural design software (e.g. Rhino) not required but would be beneficial
Pay Range: $58,000 to $76,000 (USD) per year
CPP offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer.