Cermak Peterka Petersen’s staff is comprised of leading Wind Engineering Consultants and our customers include many of the world’s top architects and engineers. We operate two boundary-layer wind tunnels in our laboratory in Windsor, located along the front range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, and one wind tunnel in Sydney, Australia. As well as several offices around the world, including Mississauga, Canada.
We are currently searching for a Senior Wind Climate Scientist / Engineer, whose primary duties will be focused on wind climate statistics and reliability, to join our growing Weather and Climate Insights team. This position is located in our Mississauga, Canada office.
- Determine analytical scope and approaches for climate-related projects
- Advise clients and internal teams on climate-related issues and approaches
- Perform parent distribution and extreme value analysis on wind and snow data
- Develop and conduct Monte Carlo simulations for extreme events
- Develop internal processes and tools
- Advance climate and wind data analysis techniques and publish conference and journal papers on relevant topics
- Interpret and analyze re-analysis and climate change model output (WRF, GFS, ERA5, etc)
- Mentor and train junior staff
Education and Skill Requirements:
- Masters’ or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or similar
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, MATLAB, and SQL
- Familiar with boundary layer wind tunnel testing
- Advanced knowledge in extreme value analysis and wind statistics
- Experience with mesoscale models (i.e. WRF) and/or climate change models/ensembles is considered valuable and desirable skills
- Knowledgeable of building code provisions for wind loading
Salary Range: $100,000 – $125,000 CAD
CPP offers a competitive benefits package and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.