CPP Wind Engineering is an internationally recognized company comprised of leading Wind Engineers, and our clients include many of the world’s top architects and engineers. We operate two boundary-layer wind tunnels in our laboratory in Windsor, located along the front range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, one wind tunnel in Sydney, Australia, and offices worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Business Development Coordinator, which is a full-time remote position preferably based out of the following locations: Austin, TX, Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, Houston, TX, Kansas City, MO, Atlanta, GA, Boise, ID, Madison, WI, Philadelphia, PA, or Baltimore, MD. This position is responsible for writing project proposals and building and maintaining solid relationships with existing and future clients. This is a unique opportunity to work with world-leading specialists, including top architects, engineers, and developers across the globe.
This position will provide insight and involvement with fascinating structures, including the world’s tallest skyscrapers, large stadiums and arenas, major tech industry developments, and more. You will be a key point of contact for clients when they need CPP Wind’s consultancy and testing services. As the role develops, you will have the opportunity for travel and additional career advancement.
- Organization and preparation of bids, including writing, delivering, and following up on project proposals
- Perform follow-up calls and ongoing status-update calls after proposal delivery
- Conduct research to identify new project opportunities and potential clients using proprietary database searches, Internet and public database searches, and historical information
- Provide planning and scheduling support, with the Support Specialist, to Business Development Regional Managers, engineers, and Project Directors
- Conduct pre/post-conference meeting planning/follow-up
- Assist with defining and executing successful sales tactics
- Enter, track, and report information about business development activities
- Ability to sign off on outgoing proposals without direct Principal review under an approved cost threshold
- Understanding of, and interest in, science and engineering concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple sets of tasks with moderate supervision
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to understand multiple perspectives
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with CRM
- Knowledge of B2B sales, complex sales, and relationship marketing preferred
- Understanding of architecture/engineering industries and services is preferred
- 2-year degree or 2+years of experience in B2B sales
Pay Range: $40,000 – $60,000 (USD) per year, depending on experience
CPP offers a competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, STD, and 401K. We are an equal opportunity employer.