CPP Wind Engineering is an internationally recognized company comprised of leading Wind Engineers. Our clients include many of the world’s top architects and engineers. We operate two boundary-layer wind tunnels in Windsor, Colorado, USA, one wind tunnel in Sydney, Australia, one wind tunnel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and offices worldwide.
CPP Wind Engineering is searching for a Lab Operations Technician – Day Shift, a full-time on-site position in Windsor, CO.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Instrument and install test models and test equipment in wind tunnels.
- Review test models, surrounding models, model drawings, and test plans to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Follow detailed wind tunnel testing procedures and checklists.
- Accurately and efficiently collect, monitor, and review various types of data using custom software.
- Maintain accurate tunnel logs and records of work completed.
- Photograph and occasionally video, models, and tunnel setups for QA, reporting, and documentation purposes.
- Attend relevant internal company meetings.
- Adhere to company policies and safety practices.
- Interact with and assist other departments in pursuit of project success.
- Work overtime shifts on weekends as necessary.
- Monitor and respond to all appropriate emails and Teams messages.
- Occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Steadfast attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong teamwork ethic with the ability to work independently.
- Strong mechanical abilities.
- Intuitive troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills – especially Microsoft Excel and Outlook, familiarity with LabVIEW a plus.
- Experience with shop tools – hand drills/drivers, table saw, bandsaw, etc.
- Ability to spend much of shift standing, bending over, squatting, on hands and knees.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical or Civil Engineering or similar engineering/science degree preferred but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 6 AM-2 PM. One day a week 6 AM-2:30 PM for overlapping shift meeting
Location: Full-time on-site in Windsor, CO 80550. Willing to reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work required.
Salary: $18.00 – $23.00 (USD) per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- LTD, STD
CPP Wind Engineering is an equal-opportunity employer.