CPP Wind Engineering is an internationally recognized company comprised of leading Wind Engineers. Our clients include many of the world’s top architects and engineers. We operate two boundary-layer wind tunnels in Windsor, Colorado, USA, one wind tunnel in Sydney, Australia, one wind tunnel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and offices worldwide.
CPP Wind Engineering is searching for an Lab Operations Technician Lead – Night Shift, a full-time on-site position at our location in Windsor, CO. Position will have a 6-month minimum probationary period.
Job responsibilities include:
- The full suite of Wind Tunnel Technician responsibilities performed with accuracy, quality, and speed.
- Take responsibility for productive and efficient shift performance.
- Monitor and respond to all appropriate emails and Teams messages.
- Memorize upcoming 1-2 weeks of tunnel schedule.
- Confirm project models, forms, drawings, and taplist XYZs before needed.
- Assist with training Wind Tunnel Technician responsibilities.
- Design, maintain, and enforce organization and cleanliness in the laboratory.
- Maintain tubing room and other Wind Tunnel Technician supplies.
- Aid and monitor shift efforts, keeping them in budget and on time.
- Assign tasks for shift as appropriate.
- Help improve, review, and maintain procedures.
- Turn non-standard projects’ goals into successful projects with applicable designs, specifications, and documentation.
- Review and approve tunnel and equipment logs for shift/preceding shift.
- Transfer data to network server.
- Review and QA completed test logs.
- Update ERP as relevant.
- Weekly meeting with Wind Tunnel Supervisor/Lab Manager.
- Maintain yellow and bad channel lists and 6HP/SWS taplists.
- Contribute to monthly laboratory maintenance planning and execution.
- Troubleshoot standard software and equipment and escalate as needed.
- Lead Wind Tunnel Technician weekly meetings.
- Provide shift tasking above and beyond project work.
- Steadfast ability for accuracy and throughput.
- Demonstrated excellent priority, time management, and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong teamwork ethic with ability to work independently.
- Strong mechanical abilities.
- Intuitive troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills – Windows, Microsoft Office, basic understanding of LabVIEW.
- Proficiency with shop tools – hand drills/drivers, table saw, bandsaw, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Thursday, 2 PM-12 AM. One day a week 1:30 PM-12 AM for overlapping shift meeting
Location: Full-time on-site in Windsor, CO 80550. Willing to reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work required
Salary: $23.00 – $25.00 (USD) per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- LTD, STD
CPP Wind Engineering is an equal-opportunity employer.