CPP Wind Engineering is an internationally recognized company comprised of leading Wind Engineers. Our clients include many of the world’s top architects and engineers. We operate two boundary-layer wind tunnels in Windsor, Colorado, USA, one wind tunnel in Sydney, Australia, one wind tunnel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and offices worldwide.
CPP Wind Engineering is searching for a Lab Operations Technician Lead – Day Shift, a full-time on-site position at our location in Windsor, CO. Position will have a 6-month minimum probationary period.
Job responsibilities include:
- The full suite of Wind Tunnel Technician responsibilities performed with accuracy, quality, and speed.
- Take responsibility for productive and efficient shift performance.
- Monitor and respond to all appropriate emails and Teams messages.
- Memorize upcoming 1-2 weeks of tunnel schedule.
- Confirm project models, forms, drawings, and taplist XYZs before needed.
- Assist with training Wind Tunnel Technician responsibilities.
- Design, maintain, and enforce organization and cleanliness in the laboratory.
- Maintain tubing room and other Wind Tunnel Technician supplies.
- Aid and monitor shift efforts, keeping them in budget and on time.
- Assign tasks for shift as appropriate.
- Help improve, review, and maintain procedures.
- Turn non-standard projects’ goals into successful projects with applicable designs, specifications, and documentation.
- Review and approve tunnel and equipment logs for shift/preceding shift.
- Transfer data to network server.
- Review and QA completed test logs.
- Update ERP as relevant.
- Weekly meeting with Wind Tunnel Supervisor/Lab Manager.
- Maintain yellow and bad channel lists and 6HP/SWS taplists.
- Contribute to monthly laboratory maintenance planning and execution.
- Troubleshoot standard software and equipment, escalate as needed.
- Lead Wind Tunnel Technician weekly meetings.
- Provide shift tasking above and beyond project work.
- Steadfast ability for accuracy and throughout.
- Demonstrated excellent priority, time management, and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team work ethic with ability to work independently.
- Strong mechanical abilities.
- Intuitive troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills – Windows, Microsoft Office, basic understanding of LabVIEW.
- Proficiency with shop tools – hand drills/drivers, table saw, bandsaw, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 6AM – 2PM. 1 day a week 6AM-2:30PM for overlapping shift meeting
Location: Full-time on-site in Windsor, CO 80550. Willing to reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work required
Salary: $23.00 – $25.00 (USD) per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- LTD, STD
CPP Wind Engineering is an equal-opportunity employer.