CPP’s staff is comprised of leading Wind Engineering and Air Quality Consultants, and our customers include many of the world’s top architects and engineers. We operate two boundary-layer wind tunnels in our laboratory in Windsor, located along the Front Range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, and one wind tunnel in Sydney, Australia.
We are currently searching for a Junior Systems Administrator to be based out of our Windsor, Colorado office.
- Installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of computer hardware and software and related infrastructure
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to policies, standards, and guidelines
- Installs new/rebuilds existing servers and configures hardware, settings, and storage in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Performs daily system monitoring of hardware, resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Performs daily backup operations and data restore, archiving, and purging as necessary
- Manages user account requests
- Diagnoses and recovers from hardware or software failures
- Applies operating system patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrades administrative tools and utilities
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Associates or higher degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent years of experience in the IT field
- Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques, familiar with system performance tools, hardware, and software technologies
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to respond to after-hour calls and provide “on-call support”
- Must possess strong problem-solving and fault-isolation skill sets
- Ability to function as a team member and independently
- Prefer skills in one or more of the following: Office 365, PowerShell Scripting, Active Directory
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
CPP offers a competitive benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, STD, and 401K.
We are an equal opportunity employer.