CPP’s staff is comprised of industry-leading Wind Engineers, and our customers include many of the world’s top architects and engineers. We operate two boundary-layer wind tunnels in our laboratory in Windsor, located along the front range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. And, one wind tunnel in Sydney, Australia.
CPP Wind is looking for an entry-level Designer to support wind tunnel testing by creating detailed site drawings and building layouts in 3D.
- Design site models that include terrain, roads, and buildings for tunnel proximity models.
- Create drawings for model shop fabrication.
- Create electronic files for CNC router and 3d printing.
- Create electronic file formats of site layouts for the project manager and client approval.
- Attend project kick-off meetings and provide project-related updates as needed.
- Maintain ongoing communication with wind tunnel and model shop personnel by disseminating project drawings and information.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree preferred in Computerized Drafting (or equivalent technical degree).
- 2 years AutoCAD experience
- Can be a combination of education, training, and relevant experience.
Additional Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook and Excel.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Preferred, However not Required
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, SolidWorks, Revit, and Global Mapper
- Experience with ortho-imagery (satellite imagery).
Salary Range: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
CPP offers a competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, STD, and 401K. We are an equal opportunity employer.