Cermak Peterka Petersen Pty. Ltd. (CPP Wind Engineering) is a global wind engineering consultancy that offers premier consultation and testing services in the specialised disciplines of wind engineering. Our core services are related to the interaction of the built environment with the wind.
Our Values & Purpose Statement
CPP Wind Engineering Consultants strives to maintain an inclusive community that values integrity, respect, and collaboration. We build on the legacy of our founders in pursuit of continued growth, learning, and the application of our knowledge.
With our pioneering spirit, and in partnership with our clients, we are committed to delivering innovative engineering solutions for a safe, sustainable, and resilient built environment. As global industry-leading experts, we remain accountable for solving the challenges of today and embrace our natural curiosity and passion for the opportunities of tomorrow.
CPP Wind Engineering Consultants provides an environment where talent flourishes to the benefit of the individual, the company, our clients, and society.
We are looking to appoint an experienced CFD Engineering Consultant to join our Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) team based in our office at St Peters, Sydney.
Reporting to the CFD Engineering Manager, you will:
- Liaise and consult with clients
- Prepare, solve and post-process of CFD projects using CPP’s HPC cluster infrastructure
- Write custom scripts to facilitate data analysis
- Coordinate CFD projects with specialist technical staff and resources
- Provide support to senior engineering and management staff
- Prepare project reports and other technical documents including proposals and tenders
- Work closely with CPP’s technical specialists in a collaborative team environment
- Utilise and assist with development of engineering software analysis tools typically programmed using MATLAB or Python
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Aeronautical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering with a strong focus on fluid mechanics
- Professional and/or academic experience with CFD modelling techniques and scripting in Fluent or OpenFOAM along with advanced post-processing
- Demonstrable and advanced programming skills and ability to write sophisticated data analysis software
- Ability to work within QA systems and procedures, as well as work within Occupational Health and Safety practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven consulting experience
- Previous experience managing, coaching, and/or leading a team
- Focus on attention to detail
- A natural curiosity and passion for engineering solutions
- A creative problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work as part of a small but diverse team as well as independently
Desirable requirements for the role include:
- Advanced knowledge and experience in one of the following areas: aerodynamics, turbulence modelling, scale resolving models, wind engineering
- Experience working with or administering high-performance computing clusters
- Excellent programming skills in languages other than MATLAB will be looked on favourably, e.g., Python, C++, LabVIEW, etc.
What’s on Offer
The successful applicant will be offered:
- Close contact with leading wind engineering experts
- Freedom to explore and build new services
- Access to challenging and varied work involving some of the world’s most recognizable structures.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Work in a friendly and diverse environment that is committed to delivering innovative engineering solutions through the pursuit of continued growth, learning, and the application of our knowledge.
- Remuneration will be awarded to the successful candidate based on the following criteria: skills, experience, and qualifications.