CPP Wind Engineering is an internationally recognized company comprised of leading Wind Engineers, and our clients include many of the world’s top architects and engineers. We operate two boundary-layer wind tunnels in our laboratory in Windsor, located along the front range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, one wind tunnel in Sydney, Australia, and offices worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Business Development Coordinator, an entry-level full-time position in our Windsor, Colorado office. This position is primarily responsible for day-to-day support to the Business Development Team. This support will include coordination of business development activities such as data entry, travel planning, and prospecting.
Secondary responsibilities include writing project proposals and further building and maintaining strong relationships with existing and future clients.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work with world-leading specialists including, top architects, engineers, and developers across the globe.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Conduct research to identify new project opportunities and potential clients (prospecting) using proprietary database searches, Internet and public database searches, and historical information
- Find contact information for potential clients and maintain CRM
- Work with the Business Development team to identify and target high-value clients
- Enter, track, and report information about business development activities including weekly BD meeting reports
- Coordinate and schedule Business Development travel, post-travel follow-up, Lunch and Learn or client education offerings, and client meetings
- Coordinate proposal development for the Business Development team
- Performing additional tasks as assigned
Secondary Job Responsibilities
- Organization and preparation of bids including writing, delivering and following up on project proposals
- Perform follow-up calls and ongoing status-update calls after proposal delivery
- Conduct research to identify new project opportunities and potential clients using proprietary database searches, Internet and public database searches, and historical information
- Conduct pre/post-conference meeting planning/follow-up
- Assist with defining and executing successful sales tactics
- Enter, track, and report information about business development activities
- 1 – 3 years or more of experience in an administrative or client-facing role preferred
- Understanding of, and interest in, science, architecture, and engineering concepts
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with CPP staff and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with moderate supervision
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to understand multiple perspectives
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is a plus
- Familiarity with other MS Office software and use of databases
- Strong interpersonal skills with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- High school diploma, additional training, or education is preferred
Salary Range: $40,000 – $55,000 (dependent on experience)
CPP offers a competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, STD, and 401K. We are an equal opportunity employer.