Cermak Peterka Petersen’s staff is comprised of leading Wind Engineering Consultants and our customers include many of the world’s top architects and engineers. We operate two boundary-layer wind tunnels in our laboratory in Windsor, located along the front range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, and one wind tunnel in Sydney, Australia. As well as several offices around the world.
We currently have an opening for a Business Development Coordinator which is a full-time position in our office in Mississauga, Ontario. This position is responsible for writing project proposals, building strong relationships with future clients, and furthering the relationships with existing clients.
Secondary responsibilities include day-to-day support to the Canadian team. This support will include coordination of business development activities such as CRM management, data entry, travel planning, and prospecting.
This job will provide insight and involvement with many fascinating structures including the world’s tallest skyscrapers, large stadiums and arenas, major tech industry developments, and more. You will be a key point of contact for our clients when they have an upcoming project needing CPP’s consultancy and testing services. As the role develops you will have the opportunity for travel and career development.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Organization and preparation of bids including writing, delivering and following up on project proposals
- Perform follow-up calls and ongoing status-update calls after proposal delivery
- Conduct research to identify new project opportunities and potential clients using proprietary database searches, Internet and public database searches, and historical information
- Provide planning and scheduling support, with the Support Specialist, to Business Development Regional Managers, engineers, and Project Directors
- Conduct pre/post-conference meeting planning/follow-up
- Assist with defining and executing successful sales tactics
- Enter, track, and report information about business development activities
- Ability to sign off on outgoing proposals without direct Principal review under an approved cost threshold
Secondary Job Responsibilities
- Conduct research to identify new project opportunities and potential clients (prospecting) using proprietary database searches, Internet and public database searches, and historical information
- Find contact information for potential clients and maintain CRM
- Work with the Business Development team to identify and target high-value clients
- Enter, track, and report information about business development activities including weekly BD meeting reports
- Coordinate and schedule Business Development travel, post-travel follow-up, Lunch and Learn or client education offerings, and client meetings
- Coordinate proposal development for the Business Development team
- Performing additional tasks as assigned
- Understanding of, and interest in, science and engineering concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple sets of tasks with moderate supervision
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to understand multiple perspectives
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with CRM
- Knowledge of B2B sales, complex sales, and relationship marketing preferred
- Understanding of architecture/engineering industries and services is preferred
- 2-year degree or 5+years of experience in B2B sales
Salary Range: $55,000 to $70,000 (CAD)
We offer a competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, STD, and 401K. We are an equal opportunity employer.